|Lead Texture Artist|
|The position of Lead Texture Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software, with several years of experience in a similar supervisory role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. They will have a well-developed 'eye' and excellent working knowledge of colour, art and design.
|• Create texture maps for locations and characters working closely with Art Director to set the required look.
• Ability to Work on a broad variety of show styles Creating Photo Real and stylised texture maps as required.
• Work with the 3D Supervisor to ensure the project’s texturing pipeline is reliable and economical and is adhered to throughout production.
• Create Efficient/optimal UV layout for texture painting.
• Approve or complete retake notes on CG Asset’s Texturing submissions via Shotgun when required.
• Create colour/texture keys for Asset development.
• Provide regular progress updates to production manager and 3D supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within the texturing schedule.
• Working with the Art Director - Supervise the quality control (both technically and visually) of the external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction from a Look/Texturing perspective.
• Define, document and communicate standards and techniques for Texturing that maximizes efficiency and ensures a consistent quality under the technical specifications of the project.
• Provide leadership and support for the in-house and external Texturing teams, both creatively and technically, to facilitate the completion of Texturing assignments on schedule.
• Collaborate with the 3D Supervisor to make requests for studio pipeline tool enhancements as they relate to Look development.
• Train Junior Texture Artists on the project
|• Must have at least 4 years’ experience working as a Look development Artist (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
• Must be comfortable with outsource management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
• Must have an excellent working knowledge of Texturing in Maya.
• Must have a working knowledge of an industry 3D paint program.
• Solid understanding of shading and surfacing of materials using Mental ray shaders (preferably BBF’s shading suite) is required.
• Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and Texturing design.
• Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
• Must be open to direction.
• Must demonstrate attention to detail in texture work.
• Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
• Experience in Texturing/Look pipeline development a big plus.
• Ability to train Junior Artists on the project