|Counsel Legal & Business Affairs|
|SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enterprising solicitor to work within a highly dynamic and creative business environment, offering the opportunity to work across internationally acclaimed award winning productions. The role is a key appointment for the business and offers the right candidate a wonderful opportunity to join an exciting high growth and entrepreneurial company. This role supports multiple areas of the business that include development, production, post-production and corporate affairs.
- Drafting and supporting business on agreements for the development of content, including rights & development services agreements
- Drafting agreements for the production of programming, including talent, music, contributor & service agreements, commissioning & co-production agreements
- Advising productions on rights issues and clearance issues,
- Drafting and closing third party service agreements and freelance contracts
- Template contract review and amendments to improve, as appropriate
- Drafting shareholder and board approvals
- Assisting with company secretarial and corporate compliance
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Assist with updates to all internal policies, procedures, best practices and compilation of precedents and know how.
- Carry out any further tasks, as requested, for which your qualifications & experience are suited
- Qualified Solicitor with 2/3 years PQE, ideally working in intellectual property and corporate law in a reputable law firm or within industry environment with company secretarial and regulatory compliance experience
- Film / TV/Media experience an advantage
- Versatile and technically strong solicitor with a solid understanding of intellectual property law
- Proven commercial drafting experience, excellent attention to detail and a team player attitude.
- Capable of acting on own initiative, prioritising tasks and bringing transactions from start to completion. Experience of liaising directly with clients
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to prioritise, multi task, working to tight deadlines
- Committed to proactively improving the quality and standard of work
- International transaction experience an advantage
- A friendly, hardworking, professional attitude and the ability to build relationships with staff and clients.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- High degree of attention to detail