|• 5+ years’ previous experience as a director in children’s television within a 2D production environment
• Working knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro & Harmony, SketchBook and After Effects
• Superior understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques
• Traditional animation experience and strong drawing skills
• Exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team, Encouraging feedback and new initiatives from teams
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Possesses strong management skills and critical thinking
• Display a calm and professional demeanour when working under time constraints and pressure
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple stakeholders
• Professional and positive attitude
• Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village, with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.