|In this role, the Senior Producer will facilitate the show’s creative vision across all stages of production, by driving creative decisions with lead creative and production teams and key stakeholders, communicating updates between departments, supervising workflow, and managing quality control for final audio, designs, and animation.|
|• Overseeing the writing, research and production process to ensure series creative goals are met within the necessary production parameters and liaising with the key creative and production teams and stakeholders.
• Managing correspondence for materials distributed to the network and any internal and external stakeholders. Problem-solving with the production team when notes are received.
• Partner with the Line Producer to facilitate network meetings including setting agendas and leading weekly production updates and ensuring advisor comments are implemented and recorded.
• With the Line Producer, lead and direct daily and weekly production priorities for internal teams managing production goals/kickoffs/deadlines and troubleshooting calendar concerns.
• Responsible for ensuring excellence on creative deliverables including script, voice, music, and visual direction/feedback, while working with the series Line Producer to improve workflow including coordination, strategy, and communication.
• Participate in all phases of audio production including, problem-solving workflow challenges, managing the casting process, attending call back sessions/original records as needed, reviewing radio plays and mixes, screening locked episodes for ADR calls, and supervising pick-up priorities and deliveries.
• Participate in visual reviews including design, animatics and animation by supporting the prioritization of notes to the client, implementing specific meetings and documents to improve processes, and managing relationships with external members.
• Foster a productive and positive team environment by bringing a strategic perspective to challenging situations, participating in hiring staff and planning meetings/events, considering details that promote team spirit, developing junior staff members, directing the agenda and creative for bi-monthly team updates, and overseeing the organization of assets and tracking of materials.
• Oversee budget and schedule.
• Participate in additional activities normally be expected of a Series Producer
|• 8+ years of experience in the role
• Excellent story skills
• Excellent visual design skills
• Outstanding communicator and energizing leader.
• Strong working knowledge of each phase of production – script through post-production.
• Strong knowledge and management of the production pipelines (2D)
• Well-developed communication skills – verbal, nonverbal and written -- with a focus on diplomacy, discretion and one on one relationships.
• Excellent numeracy skills and fiscal literacy; able to manage budgets to ensure proactive solutions are made. This will be done in consort with the Line Producer.
• Organized with excellent time management skills. Able to efficiently balance multiple priorities.
• Knowledge and experience with WGC, WGA, ACTRA IPA and Canadian funding regulations and the ability to work with legal and business affairs to drive those discussions and deals.
• Able to problem solve in stressful situations and identify when challenges and solutions need to be flagged to Production Supervisor(s) and Creator.
• Able to proactively work with and relationship build with creator, director, Story editor, writers, creative and cultural consultants, research team, internal teams and broadcaster.
• Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately with sound judgment and discretion
• Professional and solution-oriented
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.