|• Lead & mentor design team, helping facilitate the creation & completion of assets for the Rigging & Animation Team
• Communicate and maintain the creative vision of the production and specific instructions from the Art Director, Producer, and Director to the design team
• Collaborate with the team to create standards and practices for the series
• Review the animatic's and Fun Packs, finalize design lists with Director/Art Director and interpret the reference materials provided
• Distribute assignments to the team and tracks progress, providing feedback and necessary revisions
• Review work done by the team to ensure builds are complete and effective, satisfying rigging needs for animation
• Review designs throughout the production to ensure that all designs remain consistent from the start of production to the end
• Work with Art Director to ensure that the colour style remains consistent throughout the pipeline.
• Work closely with Directors and Producer on the approval of materials and required revisions
• Manage all internal and external deadlines
• Resolves problems or concerns in a productive and positive manner
• Problem solve and find creative solutions to challenges, knowing when to escalate
|• 1-3 years of previous experience in the role on a 2D animation production
• Proficient understanding of Toon Boom Harmony
• Strong organizational skills
• Solid understanding of design fundamentals, colour theory, and 3D from and the ability to communicate this to the Design team
• Strong composition and perspective skills, with a keen eye for detail across tasks
• Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal, with success communicating to various levels within the production team
• Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, by accurately predicting labour needs and assigning work accordingly to maintain the schedule
• Able to mentor, motivate and provide feedback to a team of Designers
• Able to problem solve and raise concerns as they arise, with the ability to find a creative solution
• Able to work effectively with other departments within a production
• Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.